By using any Austax (QLD) Pty Ltd Tax services (the “Service”) you, the Taxpayer
1. You authorise Austax (QLD) Pty Ltd or any registered tax agent employed by Austax (QLD) Pty Ltd to review the information you provide through the Service and lodge your tax return to the Australian Taxation Office (“ATO”) based on the information you provide through the Service and in accordance with the obligations imposed on us under the Income Tax Assessment Acts of 1936 and 1997, the Taxation Administration Act 1953 (Cth) and the Tax Agent Services Act 2009 (Cth) (“Tax Acts”).
2. You acknowledge that the 10 to 12 working day refund we advertise is not a guarantee. All returns are subject to review by Austax (QLD) Pty Ltd and the ATO. A tax refund may be delayed for a number of reasons such as, for example, inaccurate information, being a new taxpayer, an unusually large refund, pre-existing debts or processing times of the ATO. Austax (QLD) Pty Ltd is not liable for any delays
3. The Austax (QLD) Pty Ltd online questionnaire is designed to be a guide for clients to help accurately prepare their individual tax returns. Austax (QLD) Pty Ltd does not accept any responsibility for the information that you provide on your return. You are responsible for the accuracy of the information that you provide to us through the Service, and for all your other activities in connection with the Service. You may only use the Service for the purposes for which they are intended, as explained on our website.
4. Neither Austax (QLD) Pty Ltd nor its associates guarantee that the Austax (QLD) Pty Ltd website is completely free of errors. We will notify you should any errors arise during your interview or review of your tax information
5. You must not attempt to violate the security protocol of the Austax (QLD) Pty Ltd website. This includes any attempts to download source code, propagate malicious programs or viruses, or interfere with the operation of our computer systems
7. You consent to, and authorise us to, request, collect, use and record your tax file number and taxation information for the purpose of acting on your behalf in the conduct of your affairs. This included sending a copy of your tax returns to the nominated email found on your submitted form. You also consent to, and authorise us to disclose or communicate your tax file number and your tax records and taxation information to the ATO on your behalf in the conduct of your affairs.
8. The use or reliance on the information on available through the Service is at your own risk. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Austax (QLD) Pty Ltd, our related entities, directors, employees, shareholders, agents and other representatives will not, under any circumstances, be liable for any injury, loss, damage, claims, expenses, or liabilities whatsoever arising out of or related to the use, or inability to use, the information on the Service or provided through the Service.
9. Subject to clause 10 and to the maximum extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, representations, warranties and guarantees, whether express or implied, by statute, trade or otherwise
10. If you are a consumer for the purposes of applicable State or Federal law in Australia, with the consequence that certain guarantees, rights and remedies are conferred on you which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified except in limited circumstances, then to the maximum extent permitted by law, our liability to you is limited at our option to
11. These Terms and Condition are governed by the laws of Queensland. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that state. Austax (QLD) Pty Ltd reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and the online taxation payment facility at any time. We will notify you when these Terms and Conditions are updated. Updates will be effective when posted on this website. When you access or use the Service, you are agreeing to do so in accordance with the most recent version of these Terms and Conditions.
12. These Terms and Conditions were last amended on 11 May 2017.